Geography of Yazd
|Geography -Map of Yazd|
With an area of 72156 Square Kilometers, the province of YAZD is located in the center of Iran.According to the administrative division rules, it is divided into 7 districts, each include at least one town and a number of villages, all located in a particular area. These districts are: Abarkooh, Ardaakan, Bafq, Maybud, Mehreez, Taft and Yazd.
The population of the province of Yazd in 1996 was 750769 from which 75.15% were registered to be urban dweler and the remaining 24.85% were villegers. The city of Yazd is the administrative center (provincial capital), the largest town, regarding area and the most inhabited town in the province.
Giographically, the province total area is a part of the central mountainous area of the country which is significant for its including diffirent mountains, hills, plains and significantly the central desert of Iran. There are two mountain chains in the province, the first crosses the province from north-west towards south-east, which crosses the center of Iran, and it is knows as the central mountain chain. The second chain is that crosses the center as well as the northern and the north - eastern parts of the province. The Sheerkooh chain which forms a high wall and which separates the central area from the western part of the province, is usually cold with peaks full of sonw. The sonw of this chain supplies water-need of Yazd city and the towns Taft and Mihreezd.
|Desert of Yazd|
The province of Yazd is significantly dray for two main reasons, the first is its location on the arid belt of the world, and second, it is very far from the Oman Sea, the Persian Gulf, the Iranian lakes and wet winds. Although the province is significantly dry with hot deserts, it is suitable for living mainly because it is surroundedby high mountains, so areas within the province with more than 2500 meter altitude enjoy moderate weather. However, the temprature average in the province is 18.9 C degree, while the absolute high is recorded in July at 43C degree and the absolut low in January at -7.2 C, Except Sheerkooh mountainous area, other areas of the province are generally hot and dry, and the temperature becaomes drier and hotter towards the east and the north east and the north east of the province.
The province of yazd was a valuable part of the Iranian great civilisation and it hosts ramarkable elements of the world cultural and historical heritage. Human settlemnts of the province have history goes beyond the 30th century BC. During the Peeshdadian period, tribes who traved from Balkh to Pars, named the teretoryof Yazd "Sarzameen Yazdan" which means (the God teretory), and since then it has been the main pray place for the Zoratosts and it has been called by the name of "Yazd". The main important and initial settlements of the province were " Mihrpadeen" which is known now as Mihreez, "Fahrashan" or "Pahreh", which is called Fahraj, "Khormeeh", "Ader" now Ardakan, " Shevaz", "Qelaa Mobadan" now Maibod, "Taranj", "Aqda" and "Ashkezar".
the city of Yazd was known for the Zoratosts a fethful and holly place and the most important in the teretory.
Contrasted with other provinces of Iran. the province of Yaza lacks green places because of its location in the arid zone, but it should not be seen as a place without any natural tourism attraction. Beautiful green vallies, wonderful country sides, marvious springs, pleasand peaks and hill sides, caves, protected wild life fields and more importantly the wonderful desert views of the province are very attractive and torists as well as the native people enjoy these places. Cultural attractions of the province are remarkable. The rich legacy of the people’s culture shows nice and old traditions of the Zerostians as well as the now Muslims which cosist together a marvilous tourism attraction. The native zerostians of the province hold their traditional ceremonies in different occasions every year, and observing them doing so, is attractive for tourists from different cultures. The native Zerostians of the province still speaks their old language and practive all their traditional ceremonies in that lanuage. Many of their traditional ceremonies in that languane. Many of their ceremonies are held every month, but the traditional persian New Year, the "Sadeh" and th Birthday of Zorotoust ceromonies are held annually.