The cultural and historical complex of Saadabad covers an area of 110 hectares and is located in the refreshing foothills of Tochal and Darband. Saadabad lies from the north to the Alborz Mountains, from the east to Golabdare, from the west to Velenjak and from the south to Tajrish.
During the Qajar Dynasty (1794-1925), this area was used as a summer palace of the royal family, and after the Pash of 1921 of Pahlavi, it extended a larger area with the addition of new gardens and became the summer residence of the kings Pahlavi Dynasty (1925-1979) ), Reza Shah, Mohammed Reza Shah and their families.
Later, on various occasions, palettes and villas were added to this pallet. In the Pahlavi era, eighteen small and large palaces were built in Saadabad, exhibiting Iranian art and architecture. Sinus 1979 revolution, this plant was transformed into the museum. Two palaces, namely, the (white) palace and the green palace, are open to the public, as palace museums and other buildings have been allocated to their specialty for various types of exhibitions.
The cultural and historical complex of Saadabad consists of 17 palaces, museums and halls.
Mellat Palace Museum (White Palace)
White Palace is the largest mansion in this collection. In addition to solemn and official affairs, this building was used as a summer residence of Mohammad Reza Shah (the second king of the Pahlavi dynasty) and Queen Farah.
The first king of Pahlavi, reza Shah ordered to build this palace in 1932, which was completed by 1937. But it was used effectively three years later. Many artists and engineers were involved in building this palace. Layout plan was designed by Mr. Khorsandi and construction drawings were developed by Leon Taavosian, Pesyan and Russian Boris.
This palace is built in the area of 2164 square meters; It is a two-storey building and a basement with a total of 5000 square meters.
This building includes 54 units, including ten large ceremonial salons, which was the official reception of Mohammad Reza Shah.
The largest theater in this building is 220 square meters used as a dining room.
Fine Arts Museum
One of the magnificent buildings of Saad Abad is the art museum, which was used as a royal court from 1968 to 1979.
In 1983 it became "Fine Art Museum", which attracted many art lovers.
This building is located in the southern part of Saad Abad and is a three-storey building with an area of 3600 square meters.
This mansion was built during the Reza Shah era and is decorated with black marble stones from ValiAbad in Chaloos (Mazandaran province) and was therefore called "Black Palace".
There are numerous beautiful paintings with western and eastern styles on display for our dear visitors.
This painting gallery consists of: Works by the most recent famous Iranian painters such as: Sohrab Sepehri, Hossein Mahjobi, Faramarz Pil Aram, Hossein Zende Roodi and miniature paintings by masters Hossein Behzad and Kelara Abkar as well as beautiful manuscripts by Master Mir Emad Hassani Ghazvini From Iranian artists from the Safavid era (1501-1722) to the Qajarian era (1794-1925).
In the remaining sections of this palace there are western paintings from the 17th to the 20th century. Some of the painters are: Salvador Dali, Peter Graham, Ivanovic Shishkin and Joule Berton.
|Green Palace Museum|
Green Palace Museum
Shahvand Palace, now called Green Palace, is one of the most beautiful palaces in Iran. This palace is located in a higher ground in the northwest of SaadAbad. Previously, this building belonged to someone called "AliKhan," who was one of the great landowners and sold this building to Reza Shah.
During 1923-1929 Reza Shah renovated and renovated this building by an architect named "Mirza Jafar Memar Bashi".
The exterior is covered by rare beaded greenery from the province of Zanjan and was therefore called the Green Palace. This palace is a two-storey building with an area of 1203 square meters. The most interesting part of this palace is the mirror hall with a large-format carpet of seventy square meters that the carpet weaver of "Mathad" was called "Amoghli".
Master Behzad Museum
This building was built during the Qajar era (1794-1925) and during the first Pahlavi; It was the residence and office of Reza Shah. Later, when it was used as a summer residence of Reza Pahlavi (the former Prince of Iran) in his childhood, this building was called "The Prince Palace"
After the Islamic Revolution of Iran, 1994, with the donation of some works by Master Hossain Behzad to the cultural heritage organization by his son and with the centennial of the birth of this great artist together, this building was reopened as a master Behzad Museum.
Precious paintings by Master Behzad, one of the founders of contemporary painting, and his ideas, opinions and works have led to fundamental changes in contemporary Iranian painting, is shown in this museum.
Master Farshchian miniature museum
This museum is located in the central part of SaadAbad, and it was built during the Qajarian era. This building was the residence of Reza Shah and his fourth wife, Queen Esmat. During the Mohammed Reza Pahlavi era, his brother and later his chief cook lived here. In 2002, this building was transformed into the Master Mahmood Farshchian Museum. It houses fifty paintings by this outstanding artist in his five halls.
The other museums of this complex are s follow:
Royal Plates Museum
Royal Weapons Museums
Royal Cars Museums
Royal Kitchen Museums
Master Mir Emad Calligraphy Museums
Omidvar Brothers Museums
The museums of Historical Documents
Contemporary History and Handicrafts Museums
National Art Museums