THE MADRASEH-YE KHÀN
The Madreseh-ye Khán is one of the great, famous and ancient colleges of Shiráz. It was started in the time of his son Imám Quli Khán in 1615 AD when it was flourishing, it had a hundred cells for the accommodation of a hundred theology students, and on four sides there were four large Gardens for recreation and exercise of students, but now only a ruined part of the northern garden remains, and the rest has been transformed into houses, streets and avenues.
The college complex is 2320/5 square meters (51 by 45/5 meters), and the entire area of the College, including the occupied part of the buildings, is 3926 16 square meters.
The school is of two floors, and the facade is decorated with patterned glass panes, including the worms of the Qur'án. On all four sides, there were four large 16 meter high porches, one of which was the main approach, and the others were classrooms and a place of prayer.
The entry inside and outside has a fine and elaborate tiling work, and a beautiful potential structure, known as "Muqarnes", which has been repaired several times, and following recent Repairs carried out by the Archaeological Service, it is completely restored to its original state. The Spandrels of the Great Entrance Archway and the stalactite structure under the bow, covered with enameled tiles, are a masterpiece of the Shiráz crafts of three and a half centuries ago, and silence is without precedent. The mosaic work of the roof of the vestibule is for its complexity and the shades of color and design particularly attractive, and resembles the mosaic ceiling of the Shaikh Lutfullah mosque in Isfahan. The mosaic words surrounding the vestibule are a verse of the Koran and the date of completion of the building is recorded in a corner as 1024 AH above the vestibule is a large hall which was the conference room of the eminent theologians Shiráz, Notably Mulla Sad Rai Shirázi, who was one of the scholars and elders of the seventeenth century. In the college complex, there was a large stream, whose stone edge still remains. Through this water, a large octagonal pool has flown, and according to the declaration recorded at the opening of the College, water was transported from remote tanks on a higher ground, so That the stone fountain in the center of the basin played.
When an earthquake occurred in 1823, parts of the superior history of the Madreseh-ye Khán were damaged and were restored by a merchant named Hájj Lutfali, restorations completed ten years later. As a result of another severe earthquake, further damage was caused in 1852. This damage was improved at the time of Ali Akbar Qavám ulMulk Shirázi. But more thorough repairs were begun in 1956 by the archaeological service, and a plan to repair the College and reconstruct the destroyed parts was drawn up, which will take a few years to complete. When this plan was put into effect, the College, which is a monument of the high level of Shiráz education in the past, will recover its former importance and prosperity, and the students of the Shiráz University Faculties, Students of the theology of tradition and metaphysics, will continue their studies there.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, and will be useful for others.
So let us to have your comments.