|Historical sites of Kashan briefly
One of the most important archaeological sites in central Iran, it has a historical background of over 7,000 Years. Kashan is also of interest for its connections with Shah Abbas1- it was a favorite town of his, and he beautified it and asked to be buried here in the mausoleum of a 13th century ancestor. Walking in the silent and peaceful alleys and back-alleys of the town, one can see very old building with brick walls constantly baked, as in old times, under the scorching sun.
|Agha Bozorg mosque
Agha Bozorg mosque (Persian: مسجد آقا بزرگ Masjed-e Āghā Bozorg) is a historical mosque in Kashan, Iran. The mosque was built in the late 18th century by master-mimar Ustad Haj Sa'ban-ali. The mosque and theological school (madrasah) is located in the center of the city.
Agha Bozorgh Mosque was constructed for prayers, preaching and teaching sessions held by Molla Mahdi Naraghi II, known as Āghā Bozorgh.
Fin Garden, or Bagh-e Fin, located in Kashan, Iran, is a historical Persian garden. It contains Kashan's Fin Bath, where Amir Kabir, the Qajarid chancellor, was murdered by an assassin sent by King Nasereddin Shah in 1852. Completed in 1590, the Fin Garden is the oldest extant garden in Iran.
Tepe Sialk (Persian: تپه سیلک) is a large ancient archeological site (a tepe or Persian tappeh, "hill" or "mound") in a suburb of the city of Kashan, Isfahan Province, in central Iran, close to Fin Garden. The culture that inhabited this area has been linked to the Zayandeh River Culture.
The Āmeri House (Persian: خانهٔ عامریها Khāneh-ye 'Āmerihā), is a historic house in Kashan, in Isfahan Province, in Iran.
It was built during the Zand era for Agha 'Āmeri, the governor of Kashan, who was responsible for maintaining the security of the route between Tehran and Kerman.
The Borujerdi House (Persian: خانهٔ بروجردیها Khāneh-ye Borujerdihā) is a historic house in Kashan, Iran.
The house was built in 1857 by architect Ustad Ali Maryam, for the bride of Haji Mehdi Borujerdi, a wealthy merchant. The bride came from the affluent Tabatabaei family, for whom Ali Maryam had built the Tabatabaei House some years earlier.
The walls around Kashan were built originally by Zobeyde Khatun, Harun al-Rashid's wife. She sponsored many developmental activities in the different cities of Islamic countries. Early in the Seljukid era, Malik-Shah I ordered the repair of the walls and the strengthening of two of its castles and that the Jalali castle be built in the western part of the city.
The Tabātabāei House (Persian: خانهٔ طباطباییها Khāneh-ye Tabātabāeihā) is a historic house in Kashan, Iran. It was built in early 1880s, for the affluent Tabatabaei family.
It consists of four courtyards, wall paintings with elegant stained glass windows, and includes other classic features of traditional Persian residential architecture, such as biruni and andaruni.
The Abbasi House (Persian: خانهٔ عباسیها Khāneh-ye 'Abbāsihā) is a large traditional historical house located in Kashan, Isfahan Province, Iran.
Built during the late 18th century, the house is a beautiful example of Kashan's residential architecture. Other such notable houses, such as the Tabātabāei House, are located nearby.
Pīrūz Nahāvandi (Persian: پیروز نهاوندی) (Firuzan or Piruzān) also known in Arabic as Abu-Lu'lu'ah al-Nahawandi (Arabic: أبو لؤلؤة النهاوندي) was a Sasanian soldier who served under the commander Rostam Farrokhzad, but was captured in the Battle of al-Qādisiyyah in 636 CE when the Sasanians were defeated by the Muslim army of Caliph `Umar ibn al-Khattāb on the western bank of the Euphrates River. After he was brought to Arabia as a slave, he managed to assassinate Umar in the Hijri year 23 (644–645).
|Bazaar of Kashan
Bazaar of Kashan (Persian: بازار کاشان Bāzār-e Kāshān) is an old bazaar in the center of the city of Kashan, Iran. It is thought to have been built in the Seljuk era with renovations during the Safavid period.The bazaar has a famous architecture, especially at its Timche-ye Amin od-Dowleh section, where a grand light well was built in the 19th century.
| Mir ʿEmād Mosque
It is located on the southern side of Fayż Square (formerly Sang Square), alongside the main bazaar at the entrance of the coppersmiths market (Bāzār-e mesgarhā; Figure 3 in section 1, above). The original mosque, built in 613/ 1218 during the Saljuqid era, was destroyed during the Mongol onslaught
|Solṭāni Seminary (Madrasa-ye Solṭāni)
The largest seminary in Kashan, it was built in eight years by order of Fatḥ- ʿAli Shah Qājār in the years 1221-29. The architect, whose name is inscribed on the southern wall under the brick dome, was Moḥammad- Šafiʿ. It is located next to the main bazaar
|Sultan Amir Ahmad Bathhouse
Sultan Amir Ahmad Bathhouse (Hammam-e Sultan Amir Ahmad), also known as the Qasemi Bathhouse, is a traditional Iranian public bathhouse in Kashan, Iran. It was constructed in the 16th century,
Niasar Historical Sites